If coatings are the protective skin, then composite resins are the backbone providing reinforcement and strength. Our thermosetting composite polymer systems (CPS) can be formulated to perform under various, often extreme conditions.
We work alongside our customers to develop a comprehensive understanding of the forces affecting the composite resin application throughout the required lifecycle. In order to select or develop the best product, we consider the methods available to apply the product and assess the cured functional properties needed for success under all possible circumstances.
We also assist you in designing the optimal processes, from substrate preparation to selecting the proper application equipment, all of which is critical to the success of the end product.
We are here to help. Send us an inquiry so we can discuss your material needs.
- Frequently Requested / Addressed Material Properties
- Questions We Ask About Composites
- General Questions We Ask
- Thermal Class (expected service temp)
- Thermal Measurement (HDT / Tg)
- Thermal Conductivity
- Thermal Cycling
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion
- Tensile Strength
- Flexural Strength
- Compressive Strength
- Tensile Modulus
- Water Absorption
- Pot Life / Working Life / Set Time
- Cure Requirements
- Do you need a specific substrate matrix? Specific shape or form? Would you prefer we suggest materials for you?
- Would you prefer a pre-preg, one-component or two-component system?
- What are your physical property requirements?
- Viscosity / rheology
- Mechanical strength requirements (i.e., flexural, compressive, tensile, or a combination)
- Chemical / environmental resistance
- Thermal aging / thermal class
- Electrical properties, such as dielectric, semi-conductive or conductive
- What are your processing, molding and curing conditions?
- What are you pot life / working time requirements?
- Can the product contain solvents, must is be 100% solids?
- What is your application?
- What material/product are you using now, and what properties/conditions/processes are you looking to improve?
- Are there any applicable specification requirements? If so, please describe?
- Are there EHS restrictions or concerns? If so, please describe?
- Do you have a specific type of packaging or material application process in mind?